We provide mercury-free restorations made of ceramics and composites in addition to a full range of comprehensive and cosmetic dental services:
- Comprehensive dental and oral cancer examinations: The examination is a complete visual inspection of the oral cavity along with any necessary x-rays. Screening for oral cancer and periodontal disease is part of the exam.
- Preventative maintenance: Hygiene appointments are an important part of preventative dental care. These appointments are usually scheduled every 6 months, but can be more frequent for some.
- Gum and periodontal therapy: The leading cause of tooth loss in adults today is periodontal, or gum, disease. Early diagnosis and treatment for this condition is critical for maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
- Biocompatible restorations: Minor cavities can be restored with either silver or white (tooth-colored) fillings. This type of treatment is a good way of correcting a small problem before it becomes bigger and more expensive. When too much of a tooth is decayed or broken away, it is best restored with a crown. A crown is typically fabricated with porcelain (a tooth-colored material) and/or gold. When single or multiple teeth are missing, they can be replaced with either fixed or removable appliances.
- Endodontic therapy (Root canal treatment): When the pulp inside the tooth becomes infected, it cannot repair itself. Years ago, extraction was the only option. Today, through endodontics, or root canal therapy, these teeth can be saved.
- Aesthetic dentures: When too many teeth are missing to be restored with fixed appliances, dentures offer a good solution.
In addition to these basic services, we provide the following advanced treatment:
- Anxiety-free dentistry: If you’ve been hiding your smile, putting up with pain, or putting off going to a dentist because you are too anxious or too busy, you no longer need to worry. Safe, anxiety free dental techniques allow years of dental treatments to be done quickly in as little as one visit.
- Laser periodontal therapy and tissue management: Periodontal treatment methods depend upon the type and severity of the disease. Dr. Hageman evaluates each patient’s periodontal condition and recommends the appropriate treatment.
- Aesthetic dentistry: A smile can be the most eye-catching feature of your face. Even a subtle change can make a big difference in the way you look and feel. New techniques allow us to create a healthy, beautiful smile.
- Neuromuscular dentistry: This approach to dental care can be used to help alleviate symptoms such as headaches, neck and shoulder pain, jaw pain, clicking or popping in the jaw, and tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
- Implant dentistry: If you have missing teeth due to trauma, age, disease or poor oral hygiene, dental implants offer benefits over bridges or dentures